5 Amazing Facts About EmailOctober 25, 2016
Check out these amazing facts about email. Probably, you have not heard about all of them
1. First email message celebrates its 45th anniversary this month. In October 1971 first email message was sent between two computers placed next to each other. Thank you Ray Tomlinson for the first email program on the ARPANET system!
2. Do you know where the word “spam” came from? It is named for canned meat product that was introduced in 1937. The word spam became popular in 1970 because of BBC comedy sketch Monty Python. The name of meat product was mentioned 108 times in that sketch. You can check it here
3. Do you have one of the most common passwords? We hope you don’t, but to make sure just have a look at the top 10 most used passwords:
4. According to a Radicati Group study from February 2015, there are about 2.5 billion email users in the world. In May 2009, Radicati Group made a research that there are about 1.9 billion email users worldwide. As for 2019, they project nearly 2.9 billion email users all over the world.
5. Just a few numbers that show how common the spam problem is:
Average office worker receives 121 emails a day:
– Percentage of email that is spam: 49.7%
– Percentage of emails that have a malicious attachment: 2.3%
We hope you enjoyed the article. As always, feel free to comment and share with friends
Finally! This day has come and we gladly inform you that you can sign up using your Gmail based email address again. Here you can see how it looks like when you sign up using Gmail address: As you can … Continue reading