As you probably now already, Microsoft is going to deprecate the Basic authentication in Exchange Online. This means the apps like Spamdrain will not be able to use the app specific password in order to provide its service. For example Spamdrain will not be able to filter email addresses using app specific passwords as we used to. This change is announced to happen on October 1st 2022.
However, some of the email providers already implemented the change and you might see that the filtering of your Microsoft based email address is not working as expected and there is an error present at the filtering.
No worries, we have made a change regarding the Microsoft email addresses filtering from our side that will allow you to continue/start the filtering. In order to add/update your Microsoft based email address to the filtering please refer to the following:
- If the address is already added please remove it from the filtering (please note that the existing messages in Spamdrain for the address will be removed):
- Add the email address to the filtering using the web version (not the app):
- While adding the address please click on automatic setup and select "Work or School account" once prompted by Microsoft.
- The email address should be added now and the filtering will start soon.
This functionality is also available using the mobile app:
1. Click on the Manage Addresses at the left side menu under All Addresses.
2. Click on the needed email address and then tap the remove icon in the right top corner.
3. Once removed, click on the add Address button in the right bottom corner.
4. On the next screen you will need to add the address and approve Spamdrain - that's it!
Please feel free to contact our support if there are any issues or questions.
Microsoft, outlook, exchange, 365.